Healthcare CPD Associate Certificate Application Process
The Healthcare CPD Associate Certificate examination is a secure, computer-based 1.5-hour test that is available at more than 200 sites throughout the United States and Canada during four annual testing periods. View the Healthcare CPD Associates Exam Candidates Handbook for more information on the application and how to register.
|Annual Testing Periods|
|March 13-30||Registration is open through February 28|
|June 13-30||Registration is open through May 31|
|September 13-30||Registration is open through August 31|
|December 1-31||Registration is open through November 30|
There is no recertification needed to maintain the Healthcare CPD Associate certificate. Individuals earning the certificate are strongly encouraged to participate in continuing professional development activities to maintain and expand their knowledge and skills.
Individuals who pass the Healthcare CPD Associate exam will be listed in the Registry of Healthcare CPD Associates.
Applying for the Associate Certificate
First Step: Eligibility
- Download, complete, and submit your Eligibility Form for Healthcare CPD Associate Certificate Exam to the Alliance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to sit for the Certificate exam, candidates must document a minimum of 4 healthcare CME/CE/CPD-related education and experience points as noted on the worksheet. Please allow sufficient time for the review process (up to two weeks). You will be notified once your worksheet is approved.
Second Step: Application
- If you are qualified and approved to sit for the Associate Certificate exam, you will receive an email with a link to the initial application and payment process.
- Complete the Application Form using the link provided to access the testing site. You will receive a confirmation number, user ID, and password.
- When your Application is complete, you will be able to view the Registration Screen and choose the location, time and date to take the exam.
Third Step: Registration
- Once on the Registration Screen, click "Exam Registration" and select "CCHCP – Associate Exam". You will be asked to enter your confirmation number, user ID, and password. From here, please choose a location, time and date to take the exam
The Healthcare CPD Associate Certificate examination is a computer-based test (CBT), but due to security measures required for a certification exam, candidates may not use their personal computers or laptops to take the exam. The examination will be offered at more than 200 sites throughout the United States and Canada during four testing periods each year. For locations of testing sites go to the Testing Site Map.